Why I Love Christmas in Toronto
DJ Skate Nights at Harbourfront Centre’s Natrel Rink
This really is more of a winter event, but I consider it a Christmas one as well because nothing gets me in the Christmas mood like skating. The Natrel Rink at the Harbourfront Centre can get really cold sometimes and requires a lot more bundling up than usual because it is right by the water. However, putting on an extra sweater or the long johns is worth it when you get the most amazing view of the city. If you are looking north you will get to see our iconic CN tower as well as a mix of condominiums and office building and looking south will give you a view of the islands along with a partially frozen Lake Ontario. The Harbourfront Centre website even calls it the Most Scenic Rink in Toronto. At night the rink is lit up by green and red lights which give it a very Christmas feeling.
Now if you don’t own a pair of skates don’t worry! You can rent a pair on site as well as treat yourself to hot chocolate and other goodies for the post-skating moment. I must note that I have always found skating rinks adorable and a great spot for two love birds to go on a date. I mostly credit the film Serendipity for that belief because John Cusack met up with Kate Beckensale at a skating rink. Moral of that last sentence is that if you need a cute Christmas date idea, then I suggest skating!
Another really cool thing that no skating rink in Toronto other this one can boast to is that every Saturday night (until January 19th) the Natrel Rink hosts a DJ Skate Night! Between 8pm and 11pm you can go for a skate and bust a move at the same time! This is such a cool experience, especially if you can multi-task by skating and dancing – if not a simple bob of the head will do. Plus each DJ Skate Night has a theme ranging from Top 40 to Bollywood. Below is the program list of the musical genres you can groove to.
- December 22nd 2012 – Holiday Skate Party
- December 29th 2012 - Bollywood Blitz
- January 5th 2013 - Tribute Night
- January 12th 2013 - A Decade of Top 40
- January 19th 2013 - Electro Swing
So go on check out one of the DJ Skate Nights at the Harbourfront Centre! The centre overall is a great thing to experience and the rink gives you one of the most beautiful views of the city. Plus it gets me in the Christmas mood.
That is Why I Love Christmas In Toronto
- Harbourfront Centre Website
14 Notes/ Hide
- fideliterflorae likes this
- badassaj reblogged this from yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic
- yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic reblogged this from whyilovetoronto
- khantagious likes this
- duhn likes this
- yourlittleslutkitten reblogged this from notanothervictimofdestiny and added:
- yourlittleslutkitten likes this
- yetanothercriminalmindsfanatic likes this
- notanothervictimofdestiny reblogged this from whyilovetoronto
- mackenziegracedonaldson likes this
- secondillestvillian likes this
- bigcool likes this
- whyilovetoronto posted this