There seem to be a lot of haunted things in High Park, but hey, if you watch a horror movie things always happen in wooded areas. Today we are going to talk about the ghosts of Grenadier Pond which is on the west side of High Park.
Here is the story….
During the Indian Wars a regiment of Grenadier Guards began chasing “hostile Indians.” This happened during the winter season when the pond was frozen over. As the Indians were running they came upon the pond, which was iced over, and crossed it in single file while the guards crossed four abreast in their marching step. However, the weight and the impact of their march broke the ice and a number of the guards fell into the icy cold water and drowned. The guards who drowned that night are the ones who haunt the pond.
Many people have reported that while they boat or skate on the pond they can’t help but feel they are being watch by something from below. Could it be the ghosts of the guards that drowned that day? Or could it be some scary fish? I’m gonna go with ghosts.
Another scary thing is that the pond receives some of its water from Wendigo Creek and Wendigo Pond. I say this is interesting because a Wendigo is a mythical cannibalistic creature. Interesting - haunted and receives water from a cannibal.
Why I Love Toronto
21 Notes/ Hide
- uglymonkeyfish likes this
- edmiard likes this
- filletthebitch likes this
- agirlnamedfrangipane reblogged this from pricklylegs
- manapuaking likes this
- beautyofthesoft likes this
- richardtheteller likes this
- friedrich-nietzsche2 reblogged this from pricklylegs
- fireinthevalleybelow reblogged this from pricklylegs
- mapthesouul reblogged this from pricklylegs
- prettylittlesprouts reblogged this from pricklylegs
- amazonprincessyo likes this
- chilloutmotherfuckr reblogged this from pricklylegs
- theclassystoner likes this
- pricklylegs reblogged this from whyilovetoronto and added:
- onlyallfours likes this
- acatstolemysoul likes this
- whyilovetoronto posted this